Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

1. I do enjoy the outside. The sun and the sand that is. Yes, it is true I grew up on a farm and I can have fun goin' muddin' with the best of them.
However, I do NOT enjoy being cold, being eaten by mosquitoes and sleeping on a hard ground!!!! BUT I did sleep outside in a tent last night.
You might be a redneck if you camp out in your front yard!!!
Seriously, that is the best way. I get to pee in my own bathroom and in the morning I get to drink my coffee and check my email. Momma is happy and the kids are happy!!
2. Hubby had to work all weekend so we celebrated the 4th last night with fireworks and our bonfire.
3. VERY excited that Jaise is potty trained!!!! I mean, come on, she has been changing her own diaper for nearly 6 months, wasn't it time!!!???? Do you know how happy I am to walk by the diaper aisle in the store? hmmmm, what can I spend that money on?
4. Have to clean out the tahoe this week. Our lease is up and it's going back. Don't get me wrong, we love the room and how it rides and the kids are pretty big fans of the dvd player. However, GM can take their monthly payment right on back when they take the tahoe. It's time to shave the monthly budget and that will do it in a big way!!!! The State of MI just layed off 100 troopers and there is talk of 100-200 more this next fiscal year. That is soooo NOT funny!!!! I wonder if Michigan starts handing out IOU's instead of paychecks like California, if our mortgage company will then take and IOU from us? You know, like, when we get it you will get it?

For more Random Thoughts visit the UnMom.

3 comments:

kel said...

I was raised redneck! we always camped in the yard! its fun! and you can take tv breaks!

Suzy said...

Camping in the yard is the best. Look at all the extra perks you get! We did it as kids and looks like we'll be doing it as parents as well.

PS ~~ What the heck? Was it Redneck Camping Week-end or what? The Hubs finally set up our tent in the back yard Saturday night and our two kids love it! Our 3-year son and Daddy slept in it Sat night but me and our 17 month old daughter chickened out and slept inside.
I'm sure that tent will be up for the remaining of the summer LOL!

Keely said...

IOUs? For real?

We used to camp out in the yard as kids. Hey! We should do that again! Thanks for the idea!

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts