I am a proud mommy to two wonderful, healthy kids...Jake who is 7 and Jaise who is 2. I have been a sahm since Jake was born and wouldn't change anything for world, although, it is by far the hardest job I have EVER had!!! I am constantly looking for a GREAT Deal and hope to share my knowledge and tips with you, so that you can also benefit.
I did NOT jump for joy and want to kiss MckMama when I discovered on her site the whole "blurry" background post!!!!! WTH?!!!! I can totally do that. Thank You MckMama for teaching me the best trick out there......here is my homework......
I am NOT paying the price for being a "laid back" mama all summer and ready to pull my hair out at bedtime to attempt to get the kids on semi-routine for school starting in 2 weeks!!!!
I am also NOT putting off organizational projects in my house for no reason whatsoever........ugh....I wish I had a genie!!!!
I have missed my random thoughts on Tuesday's so here it goes.....
*I am wishing that I had paid more attention in computer class. Why? Well, I decided to put my little photography hobby into a really small business to see how it goes. I was talking to a friend who did this a couple years back and she told me I needed a website........so I got one. I feel like it's my first day on a new job. I want it to be perfect and yet there is so much to do and fix and tweak!!!! If you want to take a look.......check it out here. I really hope that link works!!!!
*Big "J" started his first year of "tackle" football. All of his friends are nervous. His dad tells him, "Just make sure you hit the other guy harder before they hit you"
*I had a beautiful garden this year. I was weeding it AND watering it. I was down there last week picking beans and guess what I saw? A SNAKE!!!! The garden can rot now......
One of my favorite pics of big and little J LOVE this pic of little j.......they grow up too darn fast This has always been one of my favorites of big J.......he was 4 and having a ball at the beach Big J's baseball team....love the simplicity of this pic.
I did not lure my 3 yr old out into the 90 degree heat yesterday with a promise to ride the 4-wheeler so I could do a photo shoot with her. That would be mean and I would never do that.
I did not tell my kids that it was midnight last night when we lost power so that they would go to sleep (when it was only 9:30).
I did not watch meaningless tv like "Housewives of _____" marathon's and Miami Social and Tori and Dean and Big Brother yesterday.
Saving the best for last.............I DID NOT want to strangle my 8 yr old when he announced "EWWWW that is POOP at the bottom of the pool" when we were at my mother in law's marina pool. Yes, there were other people present at the pool and I thought little J had made it to the potty in time, I mean she hasn't had an accident in over a month. Evidently I was wrong....
OHB (Operation Hot Body) has successfully completed week one in my household!!!
I called my brother, who is a trainer in FL., and said, "So I have dropped 25lbs. and am now at a stand still and we can't stay standin' where we are at right now!! There is still some leftover baby weight hangin' around and it has to go bye-bye!!! Please help me"
So, he must have heard the desperation in my voice and he put me on a "clean eating" plan. No, it's not a "cleanse" for your body or a fad diet. It is filled with great things for your body like oatmeal, chicken, turkey, vegetables and brown rice. The idea is to feed your body things it can use. Now even though I love everything on the list, he told me it would get boring and that is what will make it hard. He was right!!!! I still love everything but would love to dip my chicken in bbq sauce or have a little butter on my rice/potato.
So the plan is to do this 2 weeks out of the month and then the other two weeks just don't go over board. I mean at this rate, I will think 2Tbsp. of my lite dressing on a salad will be heaven!!!! It's amazing how well you feel when you eat healthy!!
I am happy to report that after week one I am down 5.2lbs and 3 inches!!!!! That is enough to keep me eating boring for the next week. I totally get that the majority of the 5lbs is water weight, but I don't care, it is off of my body!!!!!
At this rate, he is going to get a really nice Christmas gift!!!!
P.S. I have somehow screwed up my blog and everything that was on my L sidebar is now scrolling out down the middle......has anyone done this before or know how I can fix this? I'll make you a margarita if you help me..........
The Blog Hop this week is: Tell me 3 things you didn't know about me. I am focusing them around my oldest, Jake because today it is all about him......since it is his birthday!!!!!
~Jake fueled my passion for photography ever since he was days old. I just couldn't believe that he was mine!!!! We had to leave him in the hospital for one night after they discharged me from having him. We were NOT prepared for that at all!!!!! I feel for all of those babies that are born prematurely or with illnesses......my heart truly breaks for them.
~ I fought with my brother like crazy while we were growing up even though we were 8 years apart. It's crazy how Jake acts JUST like him at that age!!!!! No wonder Jake idolizes his Uncle Matt and they get along like 2 peas in a pod!!!
~ I am EXTREMELY thankful that my epidural worked while I delivered him because it didn't work when I gave birth to my daughter....so I know the difference!! It made me not so angry at my hubby when he ran out to Burger King to get something to eat at 11:45pm because "this was my first child and I was only dilated to 6".........Jake was born at 12:21am. Yes, it's true that he almost missed the birth of his son for a whopper.......but my epidural worked and I wasn't at all upset. Happy Birthday Jake!!!! We love you!!!!
There is nothing I love more than the summer, the beach and pictures of my kids. So when I checked out An Island Life and saw she was having a Summer Photo contest, I knew I was in!!!! The hard part however, is narrowing it down to just ONE photo. I guess if I were forced to then this would be it. Jake was 5 and Jaise was 1. He was showing her the "ropes" to the beach and where all of the best sand castle building spots were at. My VERY talented friend sketched this for me in a size of 16x20 and it is hanging in my living room.....I guess that could qualify it for one of my favorites!!!!
Anyway, check out An Island Life starting July 21st and vote for my photo!!! Remember, you get what you give.......so give me lots of votes!!!!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
We have been LOVING our slushiemakin' machine. Seriously the best $20 I've ever spent!!! Jake's favorite flavor is Cotton Candy and My favorite is Cherry. Let's face it.....Jaise will eat anything you put in front of her!!!!
What is your favorite slushie flavor? You can view more questions at Island Life.
1. I do enjoy the outside. The sun and the sand that is. Yes, it is true I grew up on a farm and I can have fun goin' muddin' with the best of them.
However, I do NOT enjoy being cold, being eaten by mosquitoes and sleeping on a hard ground!!!! BUT I did sleep outside in a tent last night.
You might be a redneck if you camp out in your front yard!!!
Seriously, that is the best way. I get to pee in my own bathroom and in the morning I get to drink my coffee and check my email. Momma is happy and the kids are happy!!
2. Hubby had to work all weekend so we celebrated the 4th last night with fireworks and our bonfire.
3. VERY excited that Jaise is potty trained!!!! I mean, come on, she has been changing her own diaper for nearly 6 months, wasn't it time!!!???? Do you know how happy I am to walk by the diaper aisle in the store? hmmmm, what can I spend that money on?
4. Have to clean out the tahoe this week. Our lease is up and it's going back. Don't get me wrong, we love the room and how it rides and the kids are pretty big fans of the dvd player. However, GM can take their monthly payment right on back when they take the tahoe. It's time to shave the monthly budget and that will do it in a big way!!!! The State of MI just layed off 100 troopers and there is talk of 100-200 more this next fiscal year. That is soooo NOT funny!!!! I wonder if Michigan starts handing out IOU's instead of paychecks like California, if our mortgage company will then take and IOU from us? You know, like, when we get it you will get it?
I searched high and low for a Monday Meme that I thought was fun and that I could answer and I found one!!! Woo hooo!!!! Problem is that I can't find where I found it so I can't link up to it which means I won't have NEAR as many comments today which is a bummer because I LOVE comments!!!! Anyway, here it goes.....
1. What are your most treasured possessions?
Hands down, my hubby and my kids. Don't get me wrong, I really like my computer, coffee, lip gloss, tahoe and jewelry BUT I could live without those things. If you took my hubby or kids from me, that would be another story.
2. What was the best material gift you ever received?
3. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My Victoria Secret Pink Sweats and my comfiest grey t-shirt ever and flip flops for sure.
4. If a world-famous photographer were going to take your portrait, where would you be? What would be around you or in your hands? Would there be other beings in the portrait? What would a world-famous photographer shoot to capture your image?
This is soooo easy. I would be at a sandy beach. I would be holding my daughter's hand. My hubby, son and daughter would be in the photo as well. We would have some photos sitting down as a family and then we would have some walking hand and hand down the beach. That would be perfect!!!
5. Where do you feel most at home?
My house.....I'm not sure where else I would feel most at home at....
Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
1. The shocker of the week was the death of Michael Jackson. So as each television station has been doing stories and playing his music, my 7 yr old has become very interested in Michael's songs. He now walks around the house singing "Beat It" and he can't believe that MOM listened to his songs and actually knows the words. And he absolutely does not believe that for my 11th birthday I was THRILLED to receive a t-shirt with Michael Jackson's Thriller album on it and MATCHING dangly earrings!!!! That was the best birthday EVER!!!!! 2.I want to thank my friend Kristen over at La Dolce Vita for pointing me in the direction of Artfire. I had never heard of it before and was looking for an outlet to sell some of my new Wish Bracelets.......take a look........
Aren't these the coolest thing? You can use them as a bracelet or an anklet and they are perfect to give to anyone for any occasion!!! You make a wish as you put it on, you wear it 24/7 and when the charm wears off then your wish shall come true!!! So check out my others at my Artfire Store called PinkShimmer.
3. We took 3 HUGE bowls of lettuce and spinach out of our garden yesterday. You know what that means......we'll be poopin' green all week!!!
4. Jake (my 7 yr old) has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. His list this year is much shorter than past years and it includes a couple of video games, a couple of books and legos. Not a $30 lego set.....he wants a $100 lego set.....WTF!???? I just can't bring myself to purchase a box of legos for $100 when he already has a rubbermaid tub filled with legos!!!! Am I a mean mom?
2. do you shop on line...Home goods or personal items? Can you tell us what personal items you look for??
I do shop online and the items vary from electronics, clothes, etc.
3. Name a song from your past that you have always loved. what year was it recorded?
Keeper of the Stars...that was our wedding song (1997)
4. If you found out there was a pedophile living in your neighborhood, would you take any action or ignore the fact??
Not sure what "take action" means. I probably wouldn't take out a front page ad in the paper announcing it BUT I would do my research and find out what type of car they drove, etc. and my kids would be no where near their house.
5. If you could live in any city In the USA...what would it be.
Some place that had a sandy beach out the back door
6. what is the one city you wouldn't live in even if you were paid to!?
Not ONE particular city. I love visiting the city but I'm just not a city girl. I love my corn fields and no neighbors!!!
7. If you were strapped for cash would you ask a parent or sibling for money?
If it were a matter of putting food on the table.....sure. If it were to buy a new coach bag....probably not.
8. what is your most favorite thing to do to relax when you are not working?
Sitting outside with a glass of iced tea (or wine :o) )
1. Tell me again why I plant a garden? I know it is healthier eating for my family and I am a good mom like that. BUT.....weeding SUCKS!!!! If you don't do it first thing in the morning then the heat will kill you or the mosquitoes....your pick. Then when you plant seeds in the ground, you get to guess when they pop up which is the plant and which is a weed!!!
2. I am somewhat of a girly girl and you will NEVER find me without my toenails painted. I used to get my nails done at a salon but that stopped when I started having kids and now we should probably have bread and milk before I get them done. BUT look what I found to use as a topcoat.....Nailene's Acrylic Strong. It really works to keep your nails looking nice for an entire week or longer without chipping!!!! 3. I don't consider myself "high maintenance". I love the sun, sand and warmth. Unfortunately, for many reasons, we live in Michigan. While the heat has finally arrived, it is BAMMMM 90 and HOT and somewhat sticky!!!!! I can probably count on one hand the amount of days that we get that are sunny, 75 with a slight breeze.........ok...maybe I am high maintenance.
Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!
I always start thinking about Christmas in August. I found this cute idea for great gifts or to add the final touch to a great gift. If you have smaller kids, they can help. You can use any type of paper pattern but I am going to use pictures of my kids. The holidays always get busy so why not do it now and free up some time later? Check out how to make bubbly magnetshere.