Friday, October 24, 2008

Things I Have Learned About Having Surgery

First off, surgery was a success. There was a minor complication that made surgery twice as long as was normally expected, but that's why we pay the doc the big bucks, right?!! My doctor, by the way, is the absolute BEST!!!! There cannot be enough said about your relationship with your doctor.
There are a few things I have learned about having surgery:
~don't piss off anesthesia
~my clothes are still way more comfortable than the "gown"
~when you haven't eaten for 2 days, the hospital serves the best tastin' chicken broth in town!!!
~be nice to your nurse; she is in control of your pain medication
~no matter what button you push, the hospital bed just is not comfortable
~I am a major BLOGOHOLIC and have suffered serious withdrawals
~everyone should have a best friend that will work all day long and then bring you a biggby coffee and sit with you until the doctor shows up at 8pm to discharge you!!!
Seriously, I do have the best family in the world. My husband has kept up with the kids, the house, the lawn, the groceries and done it all with a smile. This is the longest period of time I have gone without changing a diaper in 3 years!!!!! My parents have taken my kids and have done fun things with them so they wouldn't worry or think about mommy not being there, not to mention the flowers and gorgeous plant that they gave me. I have had numerous people call and offer "anything" that I needed........hey, maybe I should take this offer a little more seriously!!!
I am pretty sure I won't be offering to have any major surgery again EVER in my lifetime.

1 comment:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Glad you are ok- it is no fun being hospitalized!

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts