Sunday, December 7, 2008

Virtual cookie exchange


Jen over at Mommay's Mayhem is hosting a virtual cookie exchange. It's pretty simple......all you have to do is share your favorite holiday cookie recipe. I knew right away what recipe I was going to choose.....my grandma's sugar cookies and vanilla butter frosting. It would seriously not be Christmas without these cookies. We always triple this recipe to make a pretty big batch:
1/2 c. shortening (1/2 butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1T. milk
1tsp. vanilla
1 1/4c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Chill in refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours but overnight is best. Roll out to desired thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes. Cool then frost with:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2T. milk
You can add food coloring for different cookie shapes.

1 comment:

jen aka mommay said...

yummy!

thanks for participating!

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts