Friday, February 27, 2009

Fitness Friday

I know that I usually am talking about staying focused and being disciplined when it comes to my fitness schedule. This week, however, it was all about survival. The stomach flu has successfully taken down every one in our family....as of 4 hours ago. I won't go into the details but I am happy to report a loss this week of 4 pounds!!!! This is the ONLY good thing about this week!!!
I am learning a lot about fitness and a healthy lifestyle throughout my journey. For instance how you have to eat to lose weight ( the key is the types of things you are eating!!) and how weight training must accompany cardio to continue weight loss. My brother is a trainer in Florida and he sends me my weight workouts everyday for Monday through Friday. This is what he sent me one day about a week ago:
You need a stop watch or digital watch. For example:
at 12:01 do one push up
at 12:02 do 2 push ups.....for a total of 30 minutes!!!!
My arms were burning so bad by the end and let's just say he was not my favorite person!!!! But honestly, I like it that he changes it up and I am doing something different everyday. It is working so far!!! Check out more stories at Baby Tea Leaves.

1 comment:

Christie O. said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry about the flu! Four pounds! I can only imagine what you've had to go through to achieve that, you poor thing! I think you've hit it spot on -- it has to be a combination of eating, cardio and weights, at least for me, because if one of those gives, the system breaks down. i've learned that the hard way! glad you're all feeling better!!

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts