Monday, September 22, 2008

Ask your Pediatrician....

If you don't already know about the "flu mist" as opposed to the flu shot, you might want to talk to your pediatrician about it. I know that my 7 year old was thrilled with this new technology last year!!!! I just received a small packet from Vocalpoint regarding this with some good information in it. Here are some questions you might want to ask:
~How does the mist differ from the shot?
~Do you recommend the FluMist for my child?
~What are the side-effects of the mist?
~Who should not get the mist?

Jake did receive the FluMist last year and we personally had no side effects or problems at all......not to mention a very happy boy that didn't have to get a shot!!! Jaise could not get it last year since she was under 2 years old and children under 24 months are not eligible to receive it.
It was really simple where they spray the mist into both nostrils and I forget how long, but for a certain amount of time, they can't blow their nose.
Just something to think about as we get closer to flu season.

No comments:

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts