Monday, November 3, 2008

Savings Tip and Dirt Recipe

So, I have been saving quite a bit of money lately because one, I have been down with surgery and two there really hasn't been that many earth shattering deals going on out there. So today, I did need to pick up a prescription for my daughter and some things to make a dessert for my son's football banquet on Thursday. So, instead of just going to the store, I start to think of how I can make the least amount of money come out of my pocket and I came across Walgreen's deal where if you transfer a prescription, you will receive a $25 gift card, so that is what I did. While at Walgreens I picked the ingredients that I needed for the dessert and of course, some items we didn't need since I had Jaise with me!!! Here is what we got:
One gallon of milk
One package of Oreo Cookies
One package of Gummy Worms
One package of Reese's Cups (didn't need)
Two bottles of nail polish (didn't need)
3 mailing bubble envelopes
One Prescription
One bag of pretzels
One 12 pack of pop
2 cans of soup
One refillable package of baby wipes
All of this came to $32 and I paid $7 OOP. I was pretty happy with that. Now, aren't you wondering what I am making with some of those items on my list? We have to make a dessert and my son loves the famous Dirt Cake so here is the recipe:
1 1/2 stick oleo softened
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
3 1/2 cups milk
2 (3oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 (12oz) cool whip
1 (20oz) Oreo cookies
1 package of gummy worms
In one bowl combine oleo, cream cheese and powdered sugar. In another bowl stir together milk, pudding. Mix two bowls together. Stir in thawed cool whip. Crush oreo's using a blender or food processor. Layering: Pudding 1/2 inch, then oreo cookies so you don't see pudding underneath. Repeat until gone. chill for 3-4 hours. Top with Gummy worms (so they are coming out of the dirt).

No comments:

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts