Friday, September 12, 2008

Today's Trip...

I am beginning to understand that some Walgreen's Stores are not as nice as the ones in my area. I have been shopping there for about a month now and I have NEVER had a problem with anyone about coupons, deals etc. I can only hope that you have as positive of an experience that I have had. So.......that being said, here was my trip today:
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners
3 Windex products
2 Pledge Wipes
2 Scrubbing bubbles products
1 Family 6-n-1 Board Game (chess, checkers, etc)
1 Hello kitty Activity Set
1 Crest Mouthwash
1 package miniature reese cups
1 Hot wheels pen (stocking stuffer)
1 12 pack of Mt. Dew
1 12 pack of Diet Coke
3 bottles of Robittusin (had 3 coupons left and wanted to use them up)
3 Huge rolls of packing tape

So, total before sale, coupons, rebates, etc. was $118.92. AFTER coupons; markdowns, etc., I paid $8.05 AND I received $44.50 in Register Rewards off of my next purchase at Walgreens. So, technically I made a profit of $36.45.
I listed everything that I purchased, but just know that I made TWO transactions. Why? So I could utilize my Register Rewards from previous purchases. For example, I had a $10 RR from Robittussin that I purchased earlier in the week. If I had used that to pay for my robittussin today, then I would not have gotten the RR's for the deal..........so instead, I used it to pay for the cleaning supplies (got ALL 7 cleaning products for $3.43) and received my $10 RR. You just can't use a RR to purchase the same product again.

1 comment:

Frugal Finds said...

Darn! I want a Walgreen's too!!
Great finds!!
Frugal Carol

Great Gift Idea

Below are a few examples of photos that I have taken over the years. I can take any photo you have and turn it to black and white and leave a certain item in color. Contact me for pricing information if you are interested. If you live close enough, I can do a photo shoot for you with all of your photos on a cd for YOU to develop!!!

Holiday Gifts